More info about compostable products :
Why switch to our plant based cold cups? (right click & save as)
Why switch to our bagasse take out containers? (right click & save as)
Why switch to our compostable coffee cups? (right click & save as)
Why switch to our deli containers? (right click & save as)
Why switch to our products? (right click & save as)
Difference between Biodegradable and Degradable (right click & save as)
The dangers of Polystyrene (right click & save as)
Product Order Form (right click & save as)
- PLA stands for Polylactic Acid, or Polylactide, a versatile polymer produced by NatureWorks LLC.
- PLA is made from lactic acid. Lactic acid is made from dextrose by fermentation.
- Dextrose is made from starch and starch is made from carbon dioxide and water.
- The introduction of PLA is the world’s first and only performance plastic made from 100% annually renewable resources.
- PLA is made from renewable resources
- Fewer fossil resources are required to produce PLA
- PLA production emits less carbon dioxide because it uses renewable resources as a feedstock.
- PLA fits into any waste management system with a benefit
- PLA has performance equal to or better than comparable petroleum-based products in many aspects
(Source: NatureWorks LLC. NatureWorksLLC.com)
- Sugarcane fibre is made from sugarcane plant.
- Sugarcane fibre is sourced and reclaimed from sugar factories, and remake into sugarcane pulps and final products.
- It is microwavable, recyclable, and compostable.