Conserve Energy and Water
- Use low flow pre-rinse spray nozzles at the dish machine. (Your water company may provide free low flow pre-rinse nozzles.)
- Use Energy Star LED’s lights instead of incandescent bulbs in store-rooms, break rooms, offices, wall sconces, kitchen exhaust hoods and walk-in refrigerators.
- Use ultra low-flow toilets and flow restrictors on restroom faucets.
Reduce - Reuse - Recycle
- Buy products in returnable, reusable or recyclable containers.
- Recycle food*, cardboard, paper, glass, metal and plastics. (*food waste, along with waxed cardboard, paper napkins, paper beverage cartons and wooden crates can be picked up for off-site composting in many parts of the Bay Area.)
- Buy recycled-content paper products whenever possible, including hand towels, napkins, office and food service uses.
- Use take-out containers that can be composted (green sustainable products) or recycled instead of Styrofoam or oil based plastics.
- Properly maintain grease traps and kitchen hoods to prevent overflows and emissions to the sewer and storm drain systems.
- Keep outdoor waste storage, parking and sidewalks free of litter, grease spills and other potential pollutants. Use sweeping and spot cleaning for most clean ups. If washing is needed, use a cleaning method that keeps cleaning water out of storm drains.
- Use organically or sustainably produced foods in the kitchen. Buy locally.